Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memories from the Heart

At the TEDxSF conference this weekend, one of the presenters was from 1000Memories.com, a site which exists to record everyone's stories so that history of all of us, not just those famous and powerful, will go on record for posterity. While I wasn't crazy about the presenter nor his presentation, I found myself thinking about memories today, as I was deluged with them.

Memories based on the sight of an orange swimcap bobbing in the bay
Memories based on the scent clinging to a shirt left behind in haste
Memories based on the taste of wine
Memories based on a message I can't delete, not yet
Memories based on a song going around in my head
Memories based on the flash of a smile I spotted
Memories based on a dress in my closet
Memories based on a photo on the shelf
Memories based on that loss of appetite
Memories based on the airport terminal which will forever be linked to an argument
Memories based on an empty email mailbox
Memories based on a sleepless night

I don't want to try to hold onto these in any online repository. I think my heart is a good enough place.

No comments:

Post a Comment