Sunday, January 16, 2011

No Questions Asked

I have been challenged by a friend to spend the day with him in which we ask each other no questions. I love this idea and am interested/excited/nervous/curious about how the day will unfold. It is a perfect challenge for me, especially in the early stages of knowing someone, as it addresses my core self-challenge: to stay present.

It is easy (for me) to fill in around the present with past, with what-ifs, with coloring in what is not there. Staying present, noticing the signs and signals in a dialog, not having questions to hide behind (or as I sometimes have been known to do, verbally assault with)will be different. The phrase "no questions asked" is one I associate with unconditional love, not with anew friend.

Wish me luck. I can't wait to see where this leads, what the quality of the day will be like, what I will know and how I will know it at day's end.

1 comment: